If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mvella
My Device: Not Specified

Internet Connectivity Issues

Hi all, 

I have exhausted everything that I know to do to fix this problem. This includes hours spent with both AT&T as well as BB tech support.

My internet connection goes in and out so frequently that it is impossible to send or receive emails or browse the web. I have sent service books a number of times, I have made sure the email accounts are set up correctly, I have rebooted and soft rebooted and double soft rebooted a number of times. I have also completely wiped out the blackberry and have started over with the phone as it was when I got it. I've only had the phone about a month.

Lastly I was told to get a new sim card. This has also failed. Keep in mind that all of these things (service books, taking battery out while phone is one and waiting 30sec to put back in, rebooting, new sim card) all work and I am live with internet and email and blackberry messenger for 30 min or so. The connection will then leave. Usually, not to return at ALL unless I perform one of these tricks again. and again. and again. Over and over again.

I've been told that the last resort is to just order a new phone. If someone out there knows a solution other than the ones I've already tried, I would really really appreciate it.

Please HELP!!!

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Internet Connectivity Issues

You can try upgrading the software, go to this link and choose the online option.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/devices/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mvella

why would the software need to be updated? it is a brand new phone. Bold 9000 just got it a month ago. Not convinced this is the solution. anyone else have a suggestion?
Please use plain text.
JRA
Visitor
JRA

I have the exact same issues with my Bold!  I've tried almost everything that you have, to no avail. I agree, it works for about 30 minutes and then stops. I'm resetting the phone easily a dozen times a day. And I receive random error messages throughout the day also. I tried to update the software and received a message that I already have the most current version. It wouldn't let me download new software, which is too bad because I'm suspecting that my current software is somehow corrupted.  

I'm already on my second phone in two months, both with similar connectivity issues. Both came from the same AT&T store and I'm wondering if this store received a bad batch.

I'm talking with AT&T again tomorrow. I'll let you know how this finally gets resolved.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

All the upgrades are better than previous software, this is the reason why upgrade the software, in the upgrades there are solutions to previous versions. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chulap

Software upgrades fix many original software bugs which will also give you more stable signal coverage.

Do you have your WiFi and bluetooth turned on?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
sandilya

Which SIM card are you using? If you are using a non 3G sim, Bold seem to have issues with connections.

If you resolved this, can you share how you did it?

Please use plain text.