Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

Invalid BlackBerry ID username

I just got my new BB Bold.  I set up a BB id and every time I go to log it it says that "the request cannot be completed. Enter a valid Blackberry id". 

I do have a valid email which I have confirmed.  The id (email) is not even recognized when I go to "forgot my password". 

Help!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Invalid BlackBerry ID username

Hello Museumgirl70

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you confirm if you're the first owner of this device or if it s used device ?

If its a brand new device and you're the first owner then you have to confirm if you're using the correct Email or the username for your BlackBerry ID , Go through this Knowledge Base to confirm your BlackBerry ID username :

KB28684 : How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the quick response.

This a brand new device and I am the first and only user.

When I go to this link -  KB28684 : How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username  - The BlackBerry id is is blank.

I even changed the email addresses from my work  account to my Gmail and both times I received confirmation emails which I did in turn confirm.

Problem is, neither email is ever recognized even when I try to re-set my password it's like the email does not exist at all.  I can go on-line and log in to my account using the email and password.  It seems its just not recognized on the device.

Should I have my work completely re-set this phone and start all over?

Thanks!

Elite II

Hi Museumgirl70

Before trying tyo reset can you share a few things ! 

As suggested in the KB from a computer have you visit  http://www.blackberry.com/blackberryid  to confirm your BlackBerry ID ?

Also On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = What is the status ?

let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I've tried again with your suggestions and still cannot access my account with my email and password on my device.

When I log in on a PC I can get in to my account but when I sync my phone to the PC I get the following error message:

An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry World client. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again.

This Blackberry was issued from my place of employment and they are not sure why I cannot access my account.  Is there some content protection or something enabled/disabled that I may need to them to update before I can access my account of the BB?

Thanks!

Elite II

Museumgirl70 wrote:

This Blackberry was issued from my place of employment and they are not sure why I cannot access my account. 

Hello 

Is that a personal device having BIS or you are connected to a corporate enterprise BES account ?

New Contributor

I am connected via a BES account for this phone.

Thanks!

Elite II

Hi Museumgirl70

If you have a BES account , then everything is controlled by your BES admin. 

I will ask a friend to look into this thread who has a good knowledge and look into BES section .

Thanks . 

New Contributor

Oh that would be great - thanks so much!  I look forward to hearing if your friend has any solution for this!