Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Chr_nic
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Is Silver Bar On Bold Under Warranty

Guys - The silver bar on keyboard rows on my bb has broken (just a little bit).

I have looked after my BB and only had it just over a year, is this covered under warranty - if so how do I contact the right team at BB

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Is Silver Bar On Bold Under Warranty

Even if it was within the one-year warranty period, your carrier would claim it's from you being too rough with it and they wouldn't touch it.

I'm afraid you're out of luck on this one. Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chr_nic

No - actually they told me I am in luck and I need to check with BB.

My phone has a two year warranty on it, most phones with o2 get two years to cover the contract and I just can't find the email link for bb warranties so I joined the forum to check....

By studying my phone BB will find I was not to rough with my phone at all. Got an official bb protector, no scratches not dents no nothing.

Would it be strange to say i think my face cracked the silver bar because I dialed out, put fone down and thought eh why is silver bar cracked?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

A BlackBerry phone with two years of warranty coverage is news to me.  I don't pretend to know everything but this is the first I've heard of this.  Are you sure it's not just a two-year contract you have but only a one-year warranty?

If what you say is true, you'd have to go through O2 to get to RIM for support.  You don't just ring up RIM directly without paying.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Chr_nic wrote:

No - actually they told me I am in luck and I need to check with BB.

If 'they' actually wanted you to call "BB", they would have given you a direct phone number or escalated the issue to RIM's support on their own... This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chr_nic

Thanks - did not know that about RIM.

Yeah it is one of the reasons I took deal knowing I am covered for a £469 warranty across 2 years, hope I never have to use it as I like my PIN.

O2 rang their BB guys, the BB guy said something about not being able to stick the silver back on myself as it would void warranty for mechanical faults. However, if I pop into a BB repair center (god knows where the closest one is to me) then they would be happy to provide me with a repair or new phone due to the bar not being very easy to break?

I was told to speak to BB direct for a better response as opposed to "if & but" from O2 BB guys before approaching a repair center but all I can find is this forum.

I would buy a new case from Ebay but that will ouright void the warranty

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

God probably actually does not. :smileywink:

What is this silver bar? Show me on a picture?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chr_nic