Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kstah
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Issue with Bold (9900) and SD Card

I'm not sure if anyone else came into this problem but I was wondering if I can get some help here.

One day, I was using my phone where my SD card must have gotten loose somehow as my BB was unable to read the card. So what I was going to do was remove the SD card and re-insert it. However, due to being distracted at the time, I forgot to remove the battery first and therego, the SD card got stuck between the battery and the card. Now, before I go into details, please be aware that I do know that the battery should be removed first.. so don't flame me. Other than that though, in a general scheme of things, I believe that this is faulty hardware and was not thoroughly thought through since I am able to remove the SD card from just about every other device without having to remove the battery.

Anyway, as I was saying, I removed the SD card while the battery was still in place and it became stuck. For the life of me, I could not take it out. I tried to re-insert the SD card from that state and it would not budge. Then, I tried to remove the battery and it was also stuck, since the part where you stick your nail in to remove was blocked by the SD card. Eventually, I grabbed a credit card from my wallet and tried to pry the battery out. I was eventually able to get the battery out.. but while doing so, it managed to snap my SD card in half. There goes all that data... I never saved any of the SD data due to the fact that this is a mini SD card that can be switched between devices so I never thought to back it up. Anyway, with that in mind, there wasn't much I could do about the data so I said whatever, let's move on and get a new card. I got one, tried to put it into the device but low and behold, the other half of the SD card was still stuck in the device! It is deep in there and I have tried everything I could think of to take it out.. Now not only does my phone break my SD card but it won't allow another one to be put in.

Is there a fix for this? Will Blackberry replace my device if not? Please offer me some advice on what to do and how to get this resolved.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kstah

Re: Issue with Bold (9900) and SD Card

I wasn't sure how to edit my original post but I found a youtube video regarding the same issue I have by Kevin of Crackberry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZvAPgD-uEw

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kstah

Really? No replies?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You indeed are in a pickle...but please understand that this is a user-to-user community, so no one here can answer your question (regarding device replacement) with any level of authority whatsoever. But do be aware that RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including for warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, if you wish to pursue replacement, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase (or other warranty providing entity). You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There also might be some good reading here:

But, all in all, from your description, I might not hold out much hope...after all, the things you did were in direct contradiction to what the user manuals instruct. Therefore, you likely will find that this has, for this particular issue, voided your warranty. Then again, as I said, no one here (including me!) can give you anything authoritative on this matter.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.