Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Issue with GPS in 9700 after OS 6 upgrade

chiedu7 wrote:

Same here done the test stuff and it still won't work

Help

1. Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

2. Perform the GPS Refrsh again. Be patient, try it five more times. It will work. Be outside in a clear view of the sky.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: torch

I have a torch 9800 and unable to gain gps satellites when i refresh. I keep getting a message that the device timed out whenever i do the test too. i heard many complaining that this may be a issue with os upgrade so i tried changing os and still that didnt fix my problem. ........ did anybody get this problem fixed?

What exact OS are you on?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: torch

I am on OS 6.0.0.600 platform 6.0.0.223. ..... I tried upgrading to OS 6.0.0.666 but still no GPS activity. Downgrading to older OS still didnt get it running.

sensaki wrote:
I am on OS 6.0.0.600 platform 6.0.0.223. ..... I tried upgrading to OS 6.0.0.666 but still no GPS activity. Downgrading to older OS still didnt get it running.

On all model BlackBerrys, first make certain that you in an area of good signal coverage AND outside with a clear view of the sky in an open area of no tall buildings.

Using BlackBerry 6 OS:

If the GPS is unable to receive a signal, the GPS can be refreshed to force the GPS to attempt to obtain a signal. To refresh the GPS, on the BlackBerry smartphone select Options > Device > Location Settings, press the Menu key and select Refresh Location. The screen will display Searching for Satellites and will be updated with the signal information.

Knowledge Base Updates