Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus

Issues with BBM - Optus - Australia - North QLD

Hey all,

In the last 2 weeks I've noticed sending and recieving issues with my blackberry, at first it was very slow delivery, and often times messages sent out of order. Today it has completely stopped sending messages altogether.

I've full battery reboot - Re-registered to the network via routing table and also resent the service books.

The internet works and I can send and recieve messages. I have the BIS symbol next to the 3G icon.

Ive not seen any other results in google for optus and bbm issues for today.

Wondering if anyone is having similar issues or not - Also if I'm required to contact my Carrier regarding this or as a BBM service issue its taken up with RIM/Blackberry directly.

Please advise.

Regards,

Adrian

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Issues with BBM - Optus - Australia - North QLD

I am with Vodafone and my BBM is not working either. I have reboted, updated etc. All other functions working just fine (email, internet, sms etc).

I am guessing this is an issue with RIM - they have been having global issues for months now, this is the first time (to my knowledge) that it has effected Australia.

So aggrivating!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus

Turns out they have mentioned this on FB and twitter that there are BBM Issues in APAC(no idea what that means)--

https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryANZ

"We are currently experiencing a BBM issue that is impacting some users in APAC. All relevant support teams are working to resolve the issue. We apologize to any customers who may be affected."

I believe this is related, just not sure on APAC.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for that! x
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Hello Guys

Welcome to the Community

I understand how you feel because i'm also from Asia Pacific. RIM is well aware about the BBM and PIN issue that we are experiencing right now and is working on it to get the resolution we needed as soon as possible.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter