Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
presh007
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Issues with BBM

Each time I reboot my phone or restart it I notice my bbm goes back to a former time, I receive previous pings and the current pings wont show anymore, also peoples dp no longer shows. I decided to back up my contacts, delete and re install the app but realised after the restart that I can no longer download bbm as it shows me in app world that bbm is already installed but can't find it anywhere in my phone. Please help I need my bbm back:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: Issues with BBM

Perhaps it got hidden?  Press the BB button (the one with the dots on it), then select Show All.   Also try the universal search, just start typing BBM and see if the program is found, if so you can run it from there.  :smileyhappy:

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
presh007

I've done that already, still not found.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello presh007

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you already checked and you're unable to locate your BBM icon , then you should try reinstalling it  BlackBerry Messenger application , It may help .

To do that,  from your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list .

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Once deleted perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back .

Finally after reboot use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload and download the most recent version available . After Installing reboot your device once again , login with your BlackBerry ID then check if you're able to send BBM to  any of those devices.

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
presh007

Hi Prince, thanks for your suggestion. I tried doing that earlier but unfortunately, blackberry messenger is not on that list.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey presh

Have you tried to download it again using above link ! While downloading it may prompt if you want to replace the existing version then Click YES . Can you try that ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
presh007

Thank you so much Prince. I finally downloaded via the link you sent me, it installed and it is working perfectly fine now. I appreciate.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey presh

You are most Welcome ... Enjoy BBM again :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
presh007

Hello Prince, Thank you for your help although the initial problem that led to uninstalling my bbm has sprung up again. Any time I reboot my phone, when it comes on i start receiving previous msgs,its like bbm goes back in time like few hours earlier and the recent chats i was having clears also can not see my contact's display pictures. Do you have any idea why this is so or how I can stop this. My 9900 is running on OS 7.1 bundle 2061 and my bbm is the latest bbm,. Could it be my OS is not compatible with the latest version of this bbm? Cos any time i start my DTM and look at my application summary i see 'downgrade' as pending action against Blackberry 7.1 core applications. Need your advise please.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello presh

If even after Installing problem re-appearing then it is not your device issue. Recently  middle east and asia pacific user were having some issues with BBM services , I suggest you should contact your Network Service Provider to know if they were having any issues with there network .

presh007 wrote:

My 9900 is running on OS 7.1 bundle 2061 and my bbm is the latest bbm,. Could it be my OS is not compatible with the latest version of this bbm? Cos any time i start my DTM and look at my application summary i see 'downgrade' as pending action against Blackberry 7.1 core applications. Need your advise please.

Your device OS version do support the recent version of BBM without any doubt . It is not your device issue but Network issue.

Regarding BBM Display pictures , you can wait for a few more days to see if it changes because it updates over the server and it may take time  Or you can again try re-installing BBM if issue persists .

Please use plain text.