Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telus

Issues with Blackberry ID and Appworld on a Bold 9780

I am having some issues with Appworld on my phone and Blackberry ID. I have a Bold 9780. I reinstalled Appworld because I was having issues with that, and now when I open Appworld, it tells me I need to update Blackberry ID. The problem is I did and now it says it can not update further but that it still needs to update. And I cannot use Appworld without it being updated. I've had nothing but problems with Appworld for a while now and just haven't had time to get about getting it fixed due to school so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Issues with Blackberry ID and Appworld on a Bold 9780

Did you try battery pull device reset? If not then try that and consider updating BB ID again.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I've done both twice. I'm not sure where to go from here and I'm hoping I don't have to take it in to my provider and that it can be fixed somehow that I'm simply not aware of. Thanks for the suggestion though. I probably should have mentioned I did that too. I'm simply a little frazzled from trying all day to get this to work.

Elite II

Hi crys12,

Check the below knowledge base article for resolving the issue -

KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

tanzim                                                                                  

New Contributor

nope...still doesn't work. Thank you though for trying. I appreciate it.

Elite II

Which workaround have you tried? At which step you were failed?

tanzim                                                                                  

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well Ive tried a few of them :

• one had to do with service book and checking if appworld is thaere and it is.
  • One had to do with changing the apn in tcp ip to internet.
  • ive tried using wifi.
  • ive tried making sure my clock is set to automatic.
  • Taking the battery out.
  • and I've tried updating blackberry Id so many times I can't count including uninstalling and reinstalling
  • I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling bbappworld

All of them stop when I try to load appworld. It tells me I need to update blackberry ID. I click update.it immediately says "the software upgrade was interupted. Please try again". It gives me error code 80002. I dont know if any of those are specific workarounds I just know I saw them posted as fixes for somepeople with similar problems but I'm new at this. I've also seen posted about wiping the phone but I really want to avoid that if at all possible. I hope I'm being helpful here. Like I said I'm fairly new at this. I've never had to fix something like this before so I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Thank you again for your help