Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
wencyonline
My Device: Bold 9790

Issues with my BB 9790

Hi guys,

I have a BB9790 that I have been using since the last 11 months.  Though the features are good, but I am not happy with its performance.  In just about 5-6 months of its use, my BB started acting up and has just gone from bad to worse....Let me jot down the issues that I have been facing and perhaps someone can guide me on the reason for these issues and how I can get them resolved

1) The phone keeps rebooting practically 5-6 (minimum) times in a day

2) Sometimes with sufficient battery power, I get the message "Not enough battery for radio use" and it shuts down the network.  Though the phone is still on

3) The base (near the battery compartment) heats up slightly if I am using multiple applications

4) Lag in switching from one application to another

Any guidance to get these resolved would be highly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lwizard

Re: Issues with my BB 9790

Hi Wency

your post has remembered me the nightmare with my old 8100 Pearl: same issues.

I've solved sending it to assistance, try it immediately since i see your guarantee is going to expire...

Ciao

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wencyonline

Thanks Lwizard....will get in touch with them immediately :-)

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

The first thing to do is a battery pull.  This will clear your phone's cache of any unwanted items that may be getting in the way of your phone's operation.  To do a proper battery pull, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Next, if the battery pull doesn't work, reload your phone's OS.  To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you don't have it installed on your PC, find it at www.blackberry.com/desktop .  Once BDS is opened, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose the most recent restore point and load it.

Try those two suggestions and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wencyonline

Hey BillJ...thanks for ur suggestion.....much appreciated.

Though I went with Lwizard's suggestion......went to Service Centre.  They had the software reloaded, unfortunately thought that did not solve the problem.  So my phone is being sent back to a different Service Center for a resolution.  I am right now without my BB :-( for the next approx 10 days...... Everyone please pray for my phone's health :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lwizard

Ok, i've made a little prayer...:Innocent:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wencyonline

Hey Lwizard.......your prayer worked :Angel:

Its been a little over 2 weeks now that Ive got by BB back from the service center and not a single reboot.... though ofcourse from my end too.... I havent uploaded any 3rd party applications on it (apart from Whats App)

There is one more challenge that I am facing...

The service center, I believe, has reflashed my BB and the map application was not working as per my expectation.... all I could see whenever I ran the Maps was a dot, but cldnt see any location. So I got fed up and deleted the application, with the hope that I'll be able to reinstall it again.  When I tried to do it through the Blackberry App World, I couldnt find it.  I mean I found a lot of map applications, but there was a charge (money) attached to it and obviously like any other loyal, tenured and demanding consumer......... I want it free

Then I ran through some forums and was made to understand, that I can reinstall it through the Blackberry Desktop Software. So that's what I am gonna try in a couple of days.

Just wanted to check with everyone present here...........any other ideas or suggestions you have for me ???

Please use plain text.