Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
MPlb
My Device: Not Specified

Just WiFi

I have a Bold9700 that currently has no SIM card in it. If it's possible I'd like to be able to use this to get to the Internet via a WiFi connection.

I've successfully connected to the WiFi hotspot and switched the browser to the Hotspot Brower but I can't get anywhere except an error stating "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later".

Have I missed one or more steps or are the more options I need to set before it will work on pure WiFi or does it just not work full stop in this way?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Just WiFi

Some carriers restrict their devices so they don't work on wifi alone.  Lame but true.  What brand of 9700 is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.