Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
beccahaes
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

KEYBOARD & TRACK PAD PROBLEM

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900

My track pad and keyboard are having troubles working properly. 

I have had my phone for just about 2 years now, and never had such a problem.  

First, my keyboard isn't working how it should; it will sometimes take a few clicks before certain letters work.  Lets say i wanted to type "Hey!" it would be so awkward and it would take 5 minutes to get it right, rather than one minute when my keyboard would work normally.  I would have to click the "H" key like ten times before the H appears on the screen in the text.  Hope that was a good enough understanding of the keyboard problem.

Now my track pad, this is weird.  On the home screen it will work perfectly fine, but when i go to BBM for example, it screws up and doesn't allow me to scroll up or down.  I know i have a touch screen phone, but i still tend to use the track pad on occasion and it is actually very annoying that it isn't working right now.

Please let me know what i should do! If you read my post from a few months back aswell, i have troubles accessing my email via my phone.  

I'm not sure what to do, if i should take it into the Rogers store to see what they say, get a new track pad, or try and reset my phone.  

Please let me know ASAP!

E-Mailing me is better, beccahaes8@hotmail.com

NEED HELP PEOPLE I LOVE MY PHONE ALOT AND DONT WANT TO GET A NEW ONE!!! :smileysad:

Retired
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790

Re: KEYBOARD & TRACK PAD PROBLEM

Hello beccahaes

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry device.

The issue can be related to software or hardware in this case and there is a way to help determine the cause. We need to clean reload the BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone and test the device after.

In order to clean reload the BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone please follow the below knowledge base article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Note* Please backup your BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone data before the clean reload process. If not the data will be lost.

Please follow www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12487 to backup the BlackBerry data.

Once the BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone has been reloaded please do not restore your data right away. You will need to test the device and make sure the issue has not returned.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!