Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Keeping Messages

I have chosen to Keep Messages forever in the Options. But I find that I am not able to view messages older than 4 days. Any reason why that could be happening?..............Devesh

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Keeping Messages

Hi and welcome to the forums.

The most likely cause is a low memory condition.

When the memory gets low the blackberry will delete the files in memory that are not

"mission critical" so it can support phone calls data services etc. Have you noticed your call

logs and text disappearing as well?

Go to OPTIONS/STATUS and please send the file free numbers.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Thanks for your pompt response. I am noticing that this problem is appearing in my business email only and not in my personal gmail account, both of which have been configured on the device. As requested, my File Free number in Options/Status is 15985999 bytes. The Device Memory has 784.7 MB free and the Media Card has 954.3 MB free.

Call logs - not visible for more than 3 days when I check on Applications/Call Logs. But when I check in "Messages", I can see them for much further back.

Text - no disappearing act from here. Can see much further back, even a month back.

Contributor
My Device: 9930

Do you file messages and have it set to hide filed messages?  Should not be an issue here.  Go to Options>Status, click Menu key, choose Database sizes and let us know.  You must have them hidden in some manner.  Are you looking in your mailbox for all messages.  Have you deleted them from the server and have reconcilliation on? 

Thanks.

I checked for Database sizes and could not find any Hidden folder there. I m not filing any messages as of now.

As to your next question, I have set messages to be deleted after 3 days in the server and wireless reconciliation has been set to "On". Is this what is creating the problem?

Contributor

devesh wrote:

Thanks.

I checked for Database sizes and could not find any Hidden folder there. I m not filing any messages as of now.

As to your next question, I have set messages to be deleted after 3 days in the server and wireless reconciliation has been set to "On". Is this what is creating the problem?

Yes that appears to be your problem.  BTW go check out my tips.  I hide sent messages and filed messages, use the 'i" key to file them, and keep my messages for 2 months or more on my BB so I can handle most current work issues.  I love the extra space on the bold.  Be happy you are reconciling accuratelty. 

Thanks very much. I have changed the settings and hopefully that should now solve the problem.

I have another question which I hope someone has the answer to:

I am able to sync my sent messages from the device onto the Outlook on my PC but not the otherway round. Do you have any tips for this? 

Contributor

Thanks for the link to your tips. But, I am getting an error message when accessing that link. Could you check it out please? Thanks
Contributor

www.stinsonddog.com

It's my sig that's bad.  I will try to fix it.  I just posted the final BOLD tips.