Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

bhauck

Keeps Rebooting

I left the US and when I arrived in Norway, my phone has never worked  ---- when turning on the mobile network, isearches for a network, finds it, and then turns starts to reboot --- forevere and forever. Talking to Verizon is useless. Any help out there!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Keeps Rebooting

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Clarification, if you please? You have a VZW device, with a VZW SIM inserted in it, and you are attempting to operate in Norway? Correct?

If so, then did you, before you departed the US, ensure that VZW had properly activated an international roaming plan for you? That is a requirement, and I can attest from personal experience, it is not easy to accomplish. A few years back, I had a lot of international travel. It took two "failed" trips before VZW could get it configured correctly. As it turns out, they can only configure the necessary international plan while the device is actually "on" the VZW network. But, the configuration cannot be truly tested until you leave the VZW network and roam internationally. Once you are there, if they have not done it right, there is nothing they can do until you return to the VZW network. As I say, it took me two "failed" trips before they got it right, and only with very persistent escalation in VZW, all the way to someone in their actual Engineering group, to finally get it right. Once it was right, all was fine, but quite frustrating those first two trips.

That all said, I did not experience the rebooting issue you say you have...rather, it just could not function on any network it found. As such, this will sound like a "basic" question, but have you changed the network properties (e.g., "Network Mode") to different settings to see if that allows it to connect cleanly? What you would want to do is, as quick as you can interface with it after boot up, turn off the Mobile Network radio so that it won't crash, and that way you can be able to adjust those settings to hopefully find one that works. That of course depends on VZW actually having configured your plan correctly...

Speaking of which...you do have your SIM inserted, don't you? The VZW network does not require a SIM at all to function, and many folks just take it out for normal operation on VZW. But it is required to operate on other networks. Indeed, as I recall, I many have had to receive a different SIM from VZW before I could roam internationally...the original SIM was not capable (that's a vague recollection and may not even be correct).

Anyway, I'm really guessing...I hope you find a solution.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.