Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

sajonsklaus
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telekom

Kennwort to unblock

Hi,

I have a new blackberry (company phone) and want to use it but it always asks me to enter my password to unblock it (first it asks: enter the word blackberry, then it asks for the password). I have no idea what password they refer to, I don´t have a password, I just have pin & puk, then pin2 and puk2. What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

klaus

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Kennwort to unblock

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From your description, it sounds like the user-created device lock password (a security option). If not you, then someone put a device lock password onto your device...and only that password can unlock it and make it available for use. It should be telling you a quantity of attempts that have been made/remain (e.g., 8/10 means that you are presently on 8 out of 10 tries). Starting at the mid-point (usually 5), it should be providing you with a "clear text" view of what you are entering. However, since it's prompting also for "blackberry" to be typed, that is a bit odd in the sequence you laid out...typically, that is the final step before a complete device WIPE (part of the security features).

If you do not know this password, then your only option is going to be to fail the maximum number of times and allow the device to wipe. That will also remove the password, and allow you to again use the device (starting over, of course -- hopefully you have a backup of your data).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.