Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
albuquerque
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: N/A

Keyboard issues PLUS no sound

Hello everybody,

I bought my used 9900 but soon I got the first issues.

My big problem is that I bought it back in south africa and I'm now in Portugal, without any receipt. 

My keyboard is faulty the s, w, h, l keys don't work, which make my life very difficult, and a few days ago the phone stop ringing is always in silent mode.

I've reinstalled the last OS avaiable and nothing changed, so I believe that is an hardware issue.

Any Advices both for home repair or to claim warranty?

All the best to all

Pedro

Device info

Your carrier:MTN(SA)/TMN(PT)

Model info and OS version: 9900 / 7.0.0.585

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace:155.2MB

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Keyboard issues PLUS no sound

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, for a warranty claim, your escalation path is not here, in these forums, nor is it direct to RIM. Rather, it is through your place of purchase...even if working with them may be challenging, they are your contractually required warranty service provider (unless, in your region, things work by service center...I cannot tell, but your original purchase documentation would have detailed exactly how to seek warranty support). You have no free path by which to bypass them and seek help direct from RIM.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

I wish the news were better for you, but the contracts dictate everything that everyone is bound to.

To skip your warranty, you would need to seek out a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.