Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

tzephyr
My Device: Bold 9780

Keypad completely not working!!

Hi, 

I have a Blackberry Bold 9780. Recently, my keypad and my trackball stopped working. Right now, only one of the side buttons is working (the one that says "say a command"). 

My moisture indicator is white. I have tried removing my battery and leaving it overnight and restarting the device the next morning. I have tried reinstalling the OS. Nothing seems to be working. 

My phone was working fine. I put it in my bag for 10 mins and when I took it out, it gave me this problem. I don't remember letting anything else happen to the phone that could have caused the problem. 

Please help?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Keypad completely not working!!

Hello tzephyr

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

As you mentioned that you tried Reinstalling device OS still no go ,And if you are sure that your device has not got wet or any moisture intrusion then you can try visiting a local repair shop and try replaceing the keypad to see if that helps.

But if you are unsure then follow those  suggestions Got Your BlackBerry Wet?

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.