Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Keys falling off Bold 9900

Just got my 9 month old Bold back from service for keys coming off stating physical damage has rendered your BlackBerry unrepairable. REALLY! there is no damage to phone other than loose keys and actually the "A" key is now missing. I work for a Fortune 100 company and this is not how we treat our customers. Anyone else having this problem?

Please use plain text.
pavandhillon
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Keys falling off Bold 9900

Hi, I had the exact same issue and i'm appalled with this policy. It's obviously a defective phone when keys start popping off although according to the my wireless provider apparently it's not a "known" defect and therefore i'll be charged $500.00 to replace a device that has a manufacturer's defect. I have kept the BB thus far because of the ease with which i can correspond with my clients but obviously my ability to do so is affected by the fact that the letter "J" is now missing.  I have been very loyal to BB but this may be the last straw that leads me to switch to the iphone, like the rest of my friends and family.

I think more people should complain if you've come across this issue!

Best of luck with your situation.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mbility

Re: Keys falling off Bold 9900

I'm having the same issue, I am doen my Z key and the R key now, with others lifting as well. I've only had mine for 6 months or so

I have done some research and they say that it was a holster issue, but they have fixed the holster. I never used the holster for m phone at all.

bell finally agreeded to send it back for repaires, after I yelled and screamed alittle, but was wondering what you did to fix the issue? I'm lost and don't know what to do.

Please use plain text.