Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Keys on Bold 9700 not responding

I recently bought a used Blackberry Bold 9700 in good condition.  As soon as I got it I did a security sweep and restored the phone to it's original condition.  I went and plugged the phone into it's charger and when I wen to use it, none of the keys were responding.  The keyboard, the trackpad, the standby button, the side convience keys, nothing works.  The only thing that will light up the screen is either plugging it into the charger (it will go to the clock face) or pressing the side volume keys.  There is no water damage as I checked for that and I have done multiple battery pulls as well as taking out my sim card and putting it back in.  I plugged it into the computer to try and reload the softwear, but I need to enter my passcode and I can not type it into the phone.  I went to Bell to try and get it fixed but they said they won't repair it because I did not buy it from them.  

If anyone has any suggestions to fix it or something it would be greatly apperciated.