Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
margot_zhlnl1d
My Device: Bold 9900

Last BlackBerry Bold 9900 update

Hey there (sorry my english's **bleep** but anyway) I got a B I G problem. I've download the last update on Friday buuuuuuuuut my phone is stuck on 14% (so yeah since 2 days) and I can't do a single thing! I've already removed the battery something like 54864635546 times, turned it off... I really need to call so I really need help! Thanks xxx

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Last BlackBerry Bold 9900 update

Hello margot_zhinl1d

Welcome to BlackBerry Suport Forums

(Credit JSanders)

There are two methods of recovery for you to try:

One:

• Open Blackberry Desktop Software & Connect your device with PC using USB cable, without inserting battery.
  • You will get three option Retry, Update Or Cancel, then click on update.
  • Once it is to the stage of the update "initializing handheld", then insert battery.
  • If this does not work, and you remain stuck on the backing up the Social Feeds database, go to the second method below.

Secondly:

• Start your BlackBerry in Safe mode.  Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Modehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877
  • Connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software and allow your handheld to connect. If you are prompted to upgrade, cancel the upgrade for later.
  • IF you cannot connect or your Desktop Software does not recognize your device while in Safe Mode, please follow the directions here to force the detect:  Article ID: KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • Go to Device > delete > SELECT DATA > select to delete both the Social Feeds and Smart Card databases, and follow the remaining prompts to complete it. 
  • Now, you can return and click to upgrade the device through the Desktop Manager, or reboot the BlackBerry in normal mode and continue the over the air upgrade.

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
margot_zhlnl1d

Hey I think it's about to work! Thank you! But am I gonna lose all my pics and everything?
New Contributor
margot_zhlnl1d

Well it actually didn't workkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :smileysad:((((((((((((((((((

Elite II
prince2012

margot_zhlnl1d wrote:
Hey I think it's about to work! Thank you! But am I gonna lose all my pics and everything?

Hello margot_zhlnl1d

It depends which method you followed , If you specifically followed KB10144 then yes it will delete all data within your device ,But will able to recover your device.  If your images or pictures are stored in device memory then it will gone but if you have set the setting to keep it in your Media Card then it will be there , the above method will not touch anything that are in your Media Card . 

margot_zhlnl1d wrote :

Well it actually didn't workkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :smileysad:((((((((((((((((((

Hey margot , please provide some more information ! Which step you followed and struck at which  , did you recieve any error message or anything else but please give us all information so that we can help .

Thanks. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
nicolagi
My Device: 9900 Bold

Hello I had same problem when I try to update to 7.1 version, I connect my bb with mac without sim and the bb restarted but now it's only english language and I can't use italian one's! May u tell me if is it possible to upgrade italian language?
Thanks a lot
Elite II
prince2012

nicolagi wrote:
Hello I had same problem when I try to update to 7.1 version, I connect my bb with mac without sim and the bb restarted but now it's only english language and I can't use italian one's! May u tell me if is it possible to upgrade italian language?
Thanks a lot

Hello nicolagi

Welcome to Support Forums

If you're on a mac then you're limited to only your Carrier release OS pack. Are you able to use italian language before your device OS update ? 

But if you can arrange a PC then adding languages on our BlackBerry is much easier , all you have to do is download an All language or a Multilanguage OS pack from your Carrier or any other . And you can use desktop Software to add it in your device.

So if you can arrrange a PC try this KB :

How to install additional languages on your BlackBerry smartphone