Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Latest Update has affected Ring Tones and Text tones

I just updated my Blackberry Bold 9700 to the 6.0 Bundle 2342 version.  Since then, whenever I recieve a call, my ringtones sound muffled and tinny, and I no longer hear any text tones.  When I play the ringtones and text tones in the media player, they sound perfectly fine, but when I test them on profiles, they either are muffled or refuse to play in the case of text tones.

I know it's somewhat trivial, but it is another frustration that this phone has given me that I'd like to fix.  If there's something I'm missing, please let me know.  Thank you

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Latest Update has affected Ring Tones and Text tones

With something like that, always start with a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it a few seconds later.

Let us know if that helps.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey,

Make sure the volume of each is where you want the ringtones to be.  Also, a lot of the old OS 5 ringtones did not make it to OS 6.  If you want to get those old ringtones and sounds, check out this article at Crackberry.com.  Hope this helps,

Doc

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Removed the battery.  The ringtones are fixed, but the texting tones still don't work.