Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rse2
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Latest update broke Bold 9930

Bold 9930 on Verizon.  7.1 Bundle 2879 latest version.

Broke most of my apps.

Google Maps won't stay logged in.  I log in and it logs me out within 10 seconds.

Even logged out it takes much longer to find my location.

Fandango won't accept location either manually or gps location search

The previously very good Podcast app is completely broken and gone.  It looks like it's there but when lauched it only brings up previously saved podcasts.  No search or download function available at all.

Anyone else have their phone broken like this?  It's happened before with previous updates which is why I hesitated to do the update but the problems were not as severe and eventually resoved.  This time It's made the device almost useless as, other than email and text, these now broken apps are what I most use.

I've tried to find a way to downgrade to the previous versioin but can find no way to do it as yet.  The instructions given are unavailable on my device (Verizon issue maybe).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: Latest update broke Bold 9930

Verizon updates have screwed up 2 of my phones, DONT USE THEM! You can easily downgrade your software by downloading BlackBerry desktop software from the blackberry website. Once installe click update software/ load preivious versions then install your previous version. I hope this helps.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rse2

Thanks .. I'll give that a try. I have the desktop software installed but haven't seen the downgrade to previous version option. I will now look.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rse2

Completed downgrade .... everything is still broken :smileysad: Podcast app is gone, Google maps still won't stay logged in, Fandango will not recognize location etc ... So .. now what? Is this a Verizon problem? Am I the only Verizon BB user? Is it time to dump BB? Dump Verizon?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

1. No you are not the only blackberry/verizon user, i am one. 2. Verizons update screwed up the hardware on your phone, bring it to your nearest verizon store and explan to them that you used there software and it destroyed your bb. tell them that you tried a hard reset, that is what reloading the software did, also tell them that you contacted blackberry support (me) and bb support told you that the verizon update screwed up your phone ( i am telling you that right now). I know verizon, they have given me a warranty replacement for every phone i or they screwed up, they should replace your BlackBerry for free. Let me know what they say.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rse2

OK. I'll do that ASAP .. probably NOT on Black Friday tomorrow :smileyhappy: but soonest reasonable time. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

Don't go on cyber Monday ether!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rse2

Got to Verizon and they told me to do a "security wipe" and then restore. I did that. No joy. Thanks anyway right. Phone is out of warranty as well so the most they'll do is sell me an upgrade. So .. how's the new Q10? Nice keyboard but small screen and limited functions. I hate the virtual keyboards on iPhones and Androids etc. and most of what I do is text, email and maps in the Googleverse.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

The q10 is ok, bb10 is a huge change that will take some time to get use to. Or if you like the older style bbs like a 8530 or a 9650 go to ebay and buy a used one, 8530s are about 20 bucks and and the bold is 60, both run os5, the bold can be upgraded to os6, your call.
Please use plain text.