Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Ambs75
My Carrier: Telstra
Accepted Solution

Loading OS7.1 Bold 990 issue

HI Everyone

Trying to load the OS7.1 software to my Telstra handset today and this is what Blackberry Desktop had to say. (no doubt you have seen this before)

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

Please help and keep it simple, I am just a simple girl.

Thanks

Ambs

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Loading OS7.1 Bold 990 issue

Hi Ambs75,

Welcome to the Community,

In order to update your device OS you need a BlackBerry internet services can you confirm that you hold that.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ambs75

No my data plan is through Telstra. I bought my blackberry directly from blackberry. I didn't need a BIS to upgrade OS7.0 versions?? Was it the same agreement with Optus and Vodafone as I certainly didn't hear that? I don't understand why I would suddenly need a BIS if I haven't before...?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Ambs75,

O.K , then try a web based upgrade see if that allows :

KB16068 : How to update the BlackBerry device software through web.

Otherwise have a look at this thread :Updating to OS6 without data plan?

Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ambs75

Hey Prince

I have tried both now and neither seem to work!!! ARGHHHH All very frustrating surely it should just be easy!

Ambs

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Ambs75,

I am sorry for that ! But what happens when try to update it through web did you get any error message ?

And also the second option what happen to that .Let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ambs75

The first one through the web did exactly the same as the desktop software, when I went in and chose the OS7.1 it gave me the same message as previously

Second option went through all the install and everything however even though it said it was install on my device it isn't when I check the device and the desktop software does not identify that I have a different version.

Thanks anyway.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Ambs75,

After performing the second option if you are getting the same version then I think you have downloaded and installed the same version from the carrier as it was earlier,Have you downloaded the 7.1 from your carrier Telstra, and also before downloading and installing remove any previously installed OS packages from your PC or Laptop then have a try ,download the OS from here https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads

To know your device version On your Home screen go to Options - Device -About device Version.

Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ambs75

I have definitely downloaded the right version 7.1 from that link. How do I go about deleting previous versions from my laptop?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Ambs75,

On your laptop go to control panel - uninstall a program -remove any Installed and also go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion see there if any previous versions installed. if it there delete it.

Prince

Please use plain text.