Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mihalios
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
Accepted Solution

Lock Button will not password lock

So I want to password protect my bberry. When I try to lock the device using the menu button everything works fine. If I press the lock button (on the top of the device) or the "*" key when I try to unlock the device it does NOT ask for a password. Any clues?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Lock Button will not password lock

The lock button on the top is simply a keyboard/screen lock. If you have keyboard shortcuts enabled you can press the "L" key to password lock the keyboard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihalios

What you're saying is that the top button is a just for locking the keyboard/screen but not for password locking them? And since it's not a convenienve key it cannot be configured to do otherwise?

So I can just make the convenience key (rear right) to password lock the keyboard/screen? I think that's the only solution. Got any other idea?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That is correct.

Yes, you can set "Password Lock" to a convenience key. I prefer to use keyboard shortcuts and just use the L key, though, and save my convenience keys for other things.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihalios

Yeah...quite idiotic to have the lock button on top of the screen just for non-password locking. And not giving the option to be used as a convenience key. Oh well... thanks for your time.

Please use plain text.