Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

coertvv
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: -

Lock / Unlock button not working properly

(Excuse me for my bad English)

Hi BlackBerry Users,

I've got a question.
I have my BlackBerry Bold 9700 for over 5 months right now. It always was working nice, till one day ago.
The lock/unlock (mute?) button doesn't work properly anymore.

I can lock my blackberry with the lock/unlock button (and the a/* key) but I can't unlock it anymore with the lock/unlock button. I've to reboot my BlackBerry Bold 9700 every time. My phone haven't got damage.

Who can please help me out?

Greets, C
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Lock / Unlock button not working properly

If its clearly a hardware issue, you may contact your Carrier and ask them if it can be repaired.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davy_z
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Lock / Unlock button not working properly

I discovered an easy solution to this problem in the form of an app from SRID Games.  The app is called "Slide Lock OS10 Style".  I had the same problem as you with the mute/unlock button not working on my BB Bold 9000.  This app allowed me to use alternative buttons (or gestures) to lock/unlock the buttons of my phone.  Have a good day!

Please use plain text.