If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

cincytiger
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Re: 'Lock/unlock' button not working

Ok, I read this post because I was having the same problem.....took off the otter box and gave it a good blow along the top.......the top left lock works now. Holy cow! I thought this only worked with Nintendo games.

Please use plain text.
kevinsatome
My Device: bold 9800, torch 9810
My Carrier: globe

i have the same problem. but mine is you can hear i click when you press it. It locks when you press it but when you need to unlock it, it won't. i have to remove the bat and reopen it again. what do you think is the problem guys?

Please use plain text.
bobi09
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

if the button on the top left not work . the one solution is: to set a Password on a Blackberry. to do this follow the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiJaHgP9ejI

Please use plain text.
Da_Cappo
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9780
My Carrier: Telefonica O2 Czech Republic

Hi to all,

Im a proud user of Blackberry 9780, OS version 6 and I had same problem with lock button that it wasnt working well.
I red many guides how to fix it and because the phone I have is almost brand new I really got a bug in my head and I can not stop thinking what it should be because when I press lock button it doesn nothing. Just turn off for a second and immediatelly lights up and lock button wasnt working at all.

So I open the phone very carefully asi I have to do and I try to change both top buttons from working phone I have for parts. The buttons looks nice and shine brass so It should be fine I think. Phone assembled but same not working.
Okay, maybe there is wrong contact to the main board with small pins.. Open again carefully and push a little more to help pns with touching main board. Assembled tohether but still not working.. Guys my head starts cook...

I stoped and I start thinking to use my original Blackberry leather pocket where the phone turn of the display but before I did it I play around with applications after the update and there was a aplication called BLACKBERRY LIGHT.

At first I thought Its a aplication for light to see some in darkness so I wanna try this app and nothing happened, only there was options Active and DEACTIVE. I try to switch few time and because nothing happened I just deinstall this aplication and you know what?????? The phone is now working as have to work. Lock button working and dimmer too...

Fu......ng application did such mess in my phone. If the application has some description all should be easier.

So its my solution how to fix not working Lock/unlock' button on Blackberry BOLD 9780 and 9700.

Please use plain text.