Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
markharris103
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Three

Looking Blackberry Bold 9790 Parts??

Hello Everyone Just Wondering If You Know Where The Best Place To Go To Get A New Board? 

My Bold 9790 Was Dropped Into A Puddle The Other Week Ive Managed To Dry It Out But The Board Isnt Holding The OS If It Is Turned Off And Then Back On It Would Reboot Contuiously Intill The Battery Is Dead, And The Way To Fix This Would To Reload The Software And Keep The Battery Charged And The Wifi No Longer Turns On And If The Bluetooth Is Enabled It Would Reboot, And Go On A Contunious Reboot. Its Like The Eeprom Is Damaged, Camera, Keyboard, Touch Screen, Speaker And Everything Works Just Not The Board Correctly. Hoping Someone Knows The Best Place To Get A Replacement Board From? Or Prehaps I Could Send Off To Blackberry For Repair?

Kind Regards

Mark

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Looking Blackberry Bold 9790 Parts??

You can't replace the motherboards. Essentially, that is a new device. You'll need to replace the device if the board is damaged.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.