Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Losing Emails off PC

Help! For the last couple of weeks, every time I've opened an email on my Blackberry it has been automatically deleted from my PC. I've had the phone a year and this has only recently started happening. I have been all over the Blackberry, checking settings, trying to find a solution and just cannot work out what the problem is.

I've seen from various internet forums that other people have this problem too, but no one seems to be able to offer a solution. It's maddening because I need some of these emails to be on my PC!  Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Losing Emails off PC

[ Edited ]

Hi DearDeidre

What type of email address are you using (Gmail, Yahoo, POP, IMAP, etc)?  Does the message only disappear from your computer when you read it on your BlackBerry?

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

I've got a POP server, and yes, the messages disappear off the PC (Apple and Hewlett Packard) when I open the message on my Blackberry.

Weirdly, I opened your message on my BB and it stayed on my Apple!

Actually Im just watching Croydon burn to the ground and feel bad for complaining about my little problem by comparison ...

Contributor
My Device: 8100,8300,9000,9700

have you checked your pop settings on the PC/Apple to leave a copy on your mail server ?

Some isp pop servers have a limit of how much email you can store on the server ?

hmm ... good point ... i am not too good at deleting emails so have got loads on there ... will check now, thanks for the tip ...

Highlighted

Hey, I think you may have cracked it!  I deleted over 2000 emails from my junk/deleted items/sent folders today (still gotta go through my inbox) and hey presto - have received numerous emails which have all stayed on the Mac/PC no problem!

Thank you so much for your help. Genius!