Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

bewitched085
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Lost my 9900, can GPS locate it?

i just lost my 9900 and the chances that it was stolen are unlikely since i feel like it is somewhere around my dorm or dorm building. is there anyway that the gps on my phone can track its location? and how can i do that? 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Lost my 9900, can GPS locate it?

Yes, the GPS can probably track it but it has to go through an app that uses GPS, BlackBerry Protect being the recommended one.  If you don't have an app installed, your GPS will have nothing to work with and therefore you won't be able to use it for this purpose.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Zweli97
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have lost my 9320 too and wud like to trace its where about as the device have my important docies in it...how do i then use gps to allocate its where about...?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This post/thread contains all pertinent information for your unfortunate situation:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.