Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MDewi
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Lost of Blackberry - How to block it ?

Hello,

Last week I travelled to France and on Monday 16 April 2012, on the taxi ride from Airport CDG to the hotel, someone broke the taxi's window and took my bag which had the Blackberry inside.

My blackberry was Bold 9900 PIN 28EFA215, is there anyway that I can block that Blackberry so the person who took it can not use it ?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Lost of Blackberry - How to block it ?

Hey MDewi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Contact your network service provider to report the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone lost and they will begin the process to block the BlackBerry.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MDewi

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have contacted the service provider since the day I lost my Blackberry, the service has been suspended since then. What I mean is how to block the device so the person who took it can not use it at all (even if he used the other service provider , in France there are orange or SFR for example , since I lost it in Paris)...

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Maria

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MDewi

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have contacted the service provider since the day I lost my Blackberry, the service has been suspended since then. What I mean is how to block the device so the person who took it can not use it at all (even if he used the other service provider , in France there are orange or SFR for example , since I lost it in Paris)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Maria

Please use plain text.
Carol_Rin
My Device: Curve 9320

Hi there

I had the same exact problem, and promptly reported the stolen phone and blocked the SIM card from my provider. That was on the 23rd of July. Today I got told from friends that someone was contacting them on BBM from my old contact, so I added him and managed to speak with him: he bought the phone in Nigeria (where he now lives). It is very frustrating to know that this person has in his hands all my data, photographs, messages and so on, and that he is even using them. So I really need to find a way of blocking the DEVICE so that he will not be able to do so anymore.

I will go to the police tomorrow to report it again, even though I don't think they will be able to do anything about that, and I can't find and Blackberry Helpline I can call to solve the problem. 

Really hope you can help.

Carolina

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Carol_Rin wrote:

Hi there

I had the same exact problem, and promptly reported the stolen phone and blocked the SIM card from my provider. That was on the 23rd of July. Today I got told from friends that someone was contacting them on BBM from my old contact, so I added him and managed to speak with him: he bought the phone in Nigeria (where he now lives). It is very frustrating to know that this person has in his hands all my data, photographs, messages and so on, and that he is even using them. So I really need to find a way of blocking the DEVICE so that he will not be able to do so anymore.

I will go to the police tomorrow to report it again, even though I don't think they will be able to do anything about that, and I can't find and Blackberry Helpline I can call to solve the problem. 

Really hope you can help.

Carolina

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this helpful post:

Like insurance, the time to have done things was BEFORE the need arose. Further, BBs are the most secure mobile devices available...but they depend on the human activating the various security features. For instance, if you had enabled a device lock password, then after 10 failed attempts by someone else, your BB would have wiped clean of all personal information. Further still, if you had installed the FREE BB Protect, you could have used that right away to initiate a remote wipe.

But, again, these things (and all others) depend on something being done beforehand...installing BB Protect, activating the device lock password, some other 3rd party security app...once the BB is out of your hands, the level of security on it can no longer be affected, and you are stuck with whatever you chose to implement before it became lost or stolen.

IMHO the device itself is a mere commodity...the data contained on it, that is priceless, and every security feature that a BB has is designed to protect that information...if, that is, those security features are activated.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vaidyat
My Device: Curve 9330

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am from India using Reliance CDMA ( No SImcard) Blackberry8530, lost yesterday night, enabled BB Protect, is there anyway to find it or trace it. Can i Blacklist the phone. Pls let me know, details given below..

Mobile Phone No. <removed>
Model No. 8530 CDMA ( Without Simcard)
RSN No. <removed>
BB PIN: <removed>

Thanks,

Thilak V

EDIT: Personal Information such as PIN, phone # is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Best Regards,

Thilak V
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

vaidyat wrote:

Hi,

I am from India using Reliance CDMA ( No SImcard) Blackberry8530, lost yesterday night, enabled BB Protect, is there anyway to find it or trace it. Can i Blacklist the phone. Pls let me know, details given below..

Mobile Phone No. <removed>
Model No. 8530 CDMA ( Without Simcard)
RSN No. <removed>
BB PIN: <removed>

Thanks,

Thilak V

EDIT: Personal Information such as PIN, phone # is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Everything available is already posted above, and in the various links provided...please review that for what you need.

Further, you notice that much of what you posted was redacted...this site is not a formal channel for any communication to/from RIM. Rather, it is a public forum where users try their best to help other users out with issues. As such, no one here can possibly use the personal information you posted, and nefarious souls who likely troll such sites would love to get ahold of your personal information with which to do evil things. Hence, posting such here is not recommended, and our good Mods are always diligent at redacting what should not be displayed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vaidyat
My Device: Curve 9330

Hello, I have lost my BB8530 last Thursday, not traceable, i hv disabled all the features by visiting the website https://protect.blackberry.com so no one can access it.

Thanks

Thilak V

Best Regards,

Thilak V
Please use plain text.
Visitor
feranica
My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

Hai lost my blackberry 9900. Can anyone help blocked my pin 298(personal info removed).

I tried to block my bb via my phone operator, but too bad because im using prepaid they cant do anything.

Please use plain text.