Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
felix_k
My Device: bold 9900 / Playbook

Lotus Notes Support in Blackberry 10

I am using a blackberry bold 9900 and one of the killer features for me is the ability to synchronize contacts, calender, notes and tasks with my office Lotus Notes account via USB-cable (using the Blackberry Desktop Software)

Since the bold 9900 has been seriously damaged I need to purchase a new blackberry and of course the new BlackBerry 10 devices are interesting.

Can anybody tell me if Blackberry 10 devices are still able to sync with notes via USB cable (not over the air)?

Thanks

Felix

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Lotus Notes Support in Blackberry 10

Hey felix_k,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Currently Lotus Notes is not supported with the BlackBerry Link software; BlackBerry Link is the new software used by BlackBerry 10 smartphones with PC and Mac, you can find more info here: http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

joergtriller
My Device: Bold 9780

Hi, what kind of answer is this ? Would you like to tell us, that there will be no support for Lotus Notes users with Blackberry 10 for the next years ?? I'm a Bold user to and I would like to know, when it's possible to synchronize Lotus Notes with a BB10 device. With that I won't by a new Blackberry. Thanks, Joerg

New Contributor
felix_k
My Device: bold 9900 / Playbook

Hi Joerg,

I am the one who created this threat (defect Blackberry bold and looking for a substitution).

I think it is really the case that Lotus Notes support is not available at the moment for BB 10 devices. For me this made me purchase a bold 9900 again in order to fill the gap on short term.

I hope that the Blackberry guys do add this major missing feature. BB 10 has already upset me since it will not be available for my Playbook (and I love the Playbook / Blackberry couple). If Lotus Notes support is also not on the Roadmap Blackberry might sooner or later become replaceable for me by any other mobile device.

Regards

Felix