Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9000 - Bold

MEDIA SYNC

Hi All,

I am experiencing issues when trying to use BlackBerry Media Sync.

I have a BB Bold and am using Windows Vista Home Premium. I have installed Desktop Manager 4.6 from the disc that came with the phone. And the phone is version: 4.6.0.167 (Platform 4.0.0.157).

When I open Desktop Manager and click on the Start button to run Media Sync the following message appears:

• The BlackBerry Media Sync application is not currently installed. Do you want to download and install this application?

So I click "Yes" and the program begins to download. However, when it finishes, Desktop Manager crashes.

I read elsewhere that I should try installing the Media Sync program as a stand alone, so I downloaded the file BlackBerryMediaSync and ran it (both normally and as an administrator), both times the following message appears:

• Setup detected that a Windows System Reboot is necessary before starting the BlackBerry Media Sync installation. Please restart your computer before installing the BlackBerry Media Sync software.

I have tried restarting my computer more times than I care to remember, and the same message appears every time.

I am at my wits' end, and don't know what to do next.

Tom.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: MEDIA SYNC

Desinstall the Blackberry Desktop Manager and download again from this link

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. Sadly, the problem I described persistis.

I successfully deinstalled Destop Manager, and using the link you provided downloaded and ran Downloading Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 Multilanguage - With Media Manager. The program appeared to install without a problem, but when I went to run the Media Sync application, the same message popped up:

• The BlackBerry Media Sync application is not currently installed. Do you want to download and install this application?

So, once again I clicked "okay" to download and install it, but at the end of the intallation process the Destop Manager crashed.

I can run the Media Manager program without a problem, and all the other applications I've tried run without a problem, it seems that it is just a problem with Media Sync.

Thanks again for your help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Tom.

New Contributor

BTW... every time I try and install the stand alone application, I am prompted to restart the computer... which I have done a couple of times, but when I do it asks me to do it again.
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I had the same problem, the solution can be found by following the instructions at http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f59/blackberry_media_sync-93880/

One slight variation that I found was you might have those keys directly under the Session Manager object as well, you would need to delete that key also.

John
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Everyone,

Will an unlocked blackberry bold have a functional email and internet access on my Tmobile network? Or wil i have to do something special for it to work? Please help.

Thanks,

Alex

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Yes but, the problem is Tmobile is not giving full service to Bold users because they dont have the service books for Blackberry Bold, in other words, Blackberry Bold is not supported by Tmobile.

But there are some things to have your Bold Working , here are two options.

1- follow these steps,  http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/howto-get-all-features-wap-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-usa-unlocke...,

2- You can download MiniOpera, from this site www.operamini.com, dont forget after this, change the APN in your device, go to menu, options, advanced options, TCP, and in APN write wap.voicestream.com and save

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.