Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

littlelloydy
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

MEP CODE

MY DAUGHTER GOT A BLACKBERRY FOR HER BIRTHDAY,, SHE TRIED TO SWITCH PROVIDER AS OUR NETWORK BEEN DOWN WITH VODAFONE FOR 11 DAYS NOW.

BEING A TEENAGER WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO KEEP IN CONTACT WITH HER,, BUT WHEN SHE WAS ASKED TO ENTER MEP CODE, SHE ENETERED WRONG CODE 10 TIMES.

I REALIZE THIS HAS NOW LOCKED T  O PREVIOUS PROVIDER WHICH IS VODAFONE,, BUT IS THERE ANY WAY THAT BLACKBERRY CAN RESET COUNTER ATALL AS I DONT LIKE HER BEING OUTWITHOUT BEING ABLE TO CONTACT HER,, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: MEP CODE

Yes, RIM can reset the MEP code for you.  You'll have to go through Vodafone to be escalated to RIM for assistance.

If you're open to advice, let me suggest you just get her another phone (another BlackBerry, of course...not another brand of phone).  With the cost, time and hassle involved with unlocking the MEP code, you'll be further ahead in half the time by just picking up another phone for her.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.