Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Immunes
My Device: Bold 9930

MMS: Can not view everyone in a group message or reply to all is not available.

[ Edited ]

Device: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9930 with 7.1 Bundle 921 (v7.1.0.267, Platform 5.1.0.230).

Issue: I receive message(s) that were sent to a group of recipients, however I'm not able to view who received the message(s), but just the individual that sent it.  When people reply to the group, I receive their individual text message--sometimes not even knowing who the person is (If it's not saved in my address book) or why (sometimes don't receive the initial MMS with picture(s).  

I have no option of reply all when trying to reply.  In addition, if the sender messages me and "contact 2", I can see that "contact 2" received it only if I have contact 2 saved in my address book AND only by viewing "contact 2"'s recent activity in the address book (I can't see contact 2's name or number in the group message, just the sender). 

Additional information: I called Sprint to verify I was setup for MMS and settings were correct on their side. 

mkofsky
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Re: MMS: Can not view everyone in a group message or reply to all is not available.

I have the exact same problem and it's so annoying! I have a Blackberry Bold 9930 on Sprint as well. I have a friend with the 9900 on At&t and another friend with a 9930 on verizon and it seems to work fine for them. If anyone knows a solution to this problem please post

New Contributor
Immunes

Re: MMS: Can not view everyone in a group message or reply to all is not available.

Seems like Blackberry needs to fix this on their next software release for Sprint for Bold 9930.  Another thing on the wish list, copy address from the contact list--unless someone knows how to do it without hitting the edit button.

New Contributor
Immunes

[ Edited ]

In the latest update, the group MMS (or reply to all) feature was not fixed.  It's pretty sad when you have ~$300 phone (Blackberry 9930) that can't have the basic features of other phones.  I used a Blackberry because of it's functionality of texting, emailing, and keyboard--not for the apps.  The full functionality of a group MMS and it's reply to all feature (with everyone's number showing) was part of that main functionality to me.

Perhaps RIM is too busy getting ready for the OS 10 to worry about such cases like the one mentioned above or they don't really care about their current RIM customers now.  Anyway, like I said, I used a Blackberry--I left to a non-RIM phone because of the issue.

New Contributor
friendly1013
My Device: Bold 9930, Playbook

I have the same issue, Sprint 9930 does not THREAD the group MMS, and I cannot reply to all.  So my co workers use this constantly to communicate together and I can only individually send SMS reples to them.  This is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR fault for a phone that is supposed to excel at messaging. 

I want to upgrade to BB10, but if this issue is not addressed, I will assume RIM just doesn't care.

prodigalson06
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Yeah this is super stupid; especially since the option was available on the phone before this (Curve).  How do you upgrade the phone and downgrade the option.  Ridiculous.  This better be a fix on the new 10 series.