Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

MP4 video encoded at 1400Kbps CBR Causing Bold to Crash

All,

I'm been playing around with video encoding for playback and have crashed the BOLD several times just by playing back video. It plays for about 300ms then freezes....

I tried 1600Kbps and 1200Kbps all Constant bit rate at 30fps and crashed the phone. This was a shock, as I would expect the player to complain, drop frames, or exit (am I missing something??????????????). I encoded 1000Kbps with 1200Kbps max, VBR and this seems to work.

SINCE the ERROR handeling is sub-standard, I would like to know exactly what the encode/decode parameters are....

New Contributor

Re: MP4 video encoded at 1400Kbps CBR Causing Bold to Crash

I am experiencing the same problem.

Could it be the fps?  If I have the Media Manager convert my videos they work fine, and it is using 23.97 fps.

I am creating my videos from Adobe Premiere Elements, and I would like to do all the conversion in using this software program and not the Media Manager (too buggy).

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Check if this thread can help you

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&message.id=2319&query.id=463004#...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

I DID IT!  After much trial and error, I have *finally* figured out the right Adobe Premiere Elements 7 “share” settings to export videos on my AT&T BlackBerry Bold (build version v4.6.0.167).  There are many setting values that simply will not work.  Here’s what Premiere Elements users need to do:

From the Share menu, choose Mobile Phone

Choose one of the H.263 options (I believe H.263 is the MPEG4 codec.  I could not get the H.264 codec to work no matter what I tried).

Use the following values (you may have to fiddle with the sequence to get these entered correctly)

TV Standard: NTSC

Frame size: 480 by 320

Frame Rate: 24 frames per second (Anything more than that causes the BB to lock up when the video is played)

Field Order: Non (Progressive)

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels

Profile: Advanced Simple

Level: Level 4

Bitrate encoding: VBR, 1 Pass

Target Bitrate: 1,000 kbps

Maximum Bitrate: 1,310 kbps

Audio Format: AAC

Audio Codec: AAC

Output Channels: Stereo

Frequency: 48 khz

Audio Quality: High

Bitrate: 128 kbps

Multiplexing: 3GPP (MPEG4 worked, but the videos would start in the middle each time you played them)

BlackBerry has a support document called KB05482 which I found helpful.  It shows the media types supported on BlackBerries.

I’d appreciate any feedback from anyone who gives this a try.