Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ninahbriggs
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: GLO

Re: Major problem with BBM contacts migration

Hi...tried the 'Device Switch' function....status quo remains...."Restoring BBM" still on.....checked a number of other forums...it seems this is a notorious problem.....challenge now is that my old handset's no longer seeming to like my BBM - email - data shuffling....and the "Restoring BBM" is still going on...now I really need help

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi ninahbriggs

Sorry to hear that you still having problem , Our BlackBerry ID can be associated with only one device at a time , so if you are using your BlackBerry ID on your new device then it will not allow you to use the same on your old device.

If even after performing a switch device wizard you are having problem then first Uninstall BBM from your new device , for that On your homescreen Go to Options device > Application Management > Delete BBM from there , then perform a battery pull restart by removing the batery while your device is Powered On.

As you are unable to login or associate your BlackBerry ID on your device, So After reboot On your device Open BlackBerry World it might prompt you to install latest BlackBerry ID software, if it prompts update it , you may have to restart your device after installing that , then login with your BlackBerry ID on that screen , if it still struck on that screen then try it over wifi .

If it succeed you can download BBM7 , for that from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm  to download BBM on your device.

Good luck

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rohansuryawanshi
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Have you rolled back to your old BB handset? If Yes then reinstating of email accounts on the old handheld shouldn’t be a problem. Have you by any chance created a login id for configuring email accounts on the BB handheld, if yes you could either log in via the login id created and key in your password and the emails should start flowing in. Once this is done there’s one more option for taking BBM contacts backup, in BBM - under backup management select backup - select backup up files remotely option - list of email accounts which appear, enable any of the email accounts. By enabling this feature your BBM contacts backup along with BB Groups will be backed up on real time basis.

Once your enable remote backup you to change the handheld to new one - then move your email accounts to the new BB handheld and restore BBM contacts using restore using email.

Hope this solves your restore problem.

Cheers

Please use plain text.