Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Managing POP3 email account

I have a BB  Bold 9900 on T-Mobile running OS 7.1 Bundle 998 (v7.1.0.284, Platform 5.1.0.230)  Previously I had a 9700 running OS 6.0.  I have a POP3 email account.  I used to be able to go to the T-Mobile website/MobileLife/Email settings and tools and access my email filters, set up an email signature block, get rid of the message saying 'Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile' and set up an email address to which all messages sent from my device would be forwarded.

After I switched to the new phone, I was easily able to set up my personal email account but when I tried to access these tools on the T-Mobile website, I got an error message saying "Unable to log in. To add an email address or manage existing email addresses, use the email setup application on your device. For information on the email setup application, view the on-device help." 

After attempting to troubleshoot this with T-Mobile in sixteen different tech support phone calls over the space of three months, they have told me that OS 7.0 does not support the on-line tools accessible on the carrier's site and that I now have to do all this on my phone, which I find very inconvenient and frustrating.

Is the information I have been given correct?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Managing POP3 email account

No it's not. They don't know what the problem is and they're afraid to say "We don't know".

I'm not sure if this will help or not but try typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser. It's been known to solve many issues related to email setup and integration.

Let us know if that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Tried it.  Takes me to www.blackberry.com/MailIntegration/entry.do?CPID=BBCOM_GMAIL, which suggests it might only work for Gmail accounts.  It offers a button called "Launch Email Setup".  When I select that button it takes me to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/wap?brand=tmobile and the message"Error: The site cannot be accessed in this manner.  Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider."

Contributor

BillJ - just in case my prior post wasn't clear, I'm still interested in resolving this and being able to access email tools on-line.  After fifteen calls to T-Mobile over three months, I've got too much time invested to just give up!

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

still having the problem. Are others seeing this still. Oh well. Feels like TMo bb team is going with a why fix the website if we don't have to. Are bb users tech enough to solve their own troubles?https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHH6-nDCUAACpCW.png:large
Contributor

I ended up complaining to the FCC after three months runaround from T-Mo in the course of fifteen or sixteen calls to tech support.  Their senior BB person, Jim, has assured me that BB does not support these tools in OS 7.1 and higher  and they have written to the FCC asserting the same thing.  

Highlighted
Contributor