Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ppennza
My Device: Not Specified

Mass Storage Not Working

My mass storage mode has stopped working.  My bold connects with my computer and is detected by windows.  It works perfectly fine with the Blackberry Desktop software.  My problem is I have no mass storage support.  The phone is not showing up my computer and I am not even being prompted anymore on the phone itself.  I have checked and I do have Mass Storage Mode enabled and I have it set to prompt.  I have tried battery pulls and switching the settings between prompt and Yes and then back to prompt Still no luck and Im lost on what is wrong.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Mass Storage Not Working

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Check all the settings as listed below to see if they are correctly optioned.

The recommended option for Mass storage is not to prompt, but to Auto Enable.

The other thing I would check is if you have the automatic updates turned on in Windows.

You could have had a service pack or driver update to change the Blackberry drivers.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Use the following settings in the memory option of the Bold:

Media card support ON

Encryption mode NONE

Media transfer protocol ON (Storm and Bold only)

Mass storage support ON

Auto enable Mass storage support when connected ON
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
ppennza

I tried what you said and no luck. I am gonna do a complete erase of my Bold later today and a fresh install of everything to see of that fixes the problem. 

As a side not i did not have and option for media transfer protocal.  

New Contributor
ppennza

Ok I tried version .234 (the one I was using), .216 and .167 and still no luck.  

Incidently version .167 is the only one that lets me connect to My Tomtom for data services

I am going to try a friends computer later. He dosent have a blackberry so it will be a fresh install to see if my computer software is messed up. I just dont understand why i can sync with Desktop Manager but mass storage mode isnt working.  

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Let us know how it goes!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter