Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Media Card Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

Hi All, this is totally unacceptable. I've tried everything 2 fix this fatal error on the memory card, to no avail. Its so frustrating not getting any help from BB. Luckily I copied all the files on the memory card and managed 2 format it on my PC. I even tried using a new memry card!!!! Pls help!!!!!! Ps. The BB software can't connect to my BB
My Device: curve

Same here. I was using my phone all evening, I took a pciture and sent it by BB messenger to a friend. I then tried taking another one and it froze so i took the battery out to have this problem ... It now says fatel errors and I also cannot connect the phone to the computer now yet my partners phone is recognised, and my memory card is recognised in his. Thankfully i have copied all the pictures to the computer using his phone but now I cant take pictures on mine. Have we found a solution yet?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790

Hi 2 All

Seems like card reader is not work properly . Try to exchange reader and post result .

Regards DemnZ
My Device: Bold 9700

I've also had this same problem, and it fixed itself when i connected to my computer. Then about one day later I turned my phone off in a meeting, when i turned it back on the problem persists, i'm bringing it in for warranty!

My Device: Blackberry pearl 9100

Media Card Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

I tried everything to rectify the Problem but couldn't get solved .Even reloaded OS also.problem Still continue.

Anybody do have solution for It?

Kindly help to Solve.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

HELP!

I discovered the same problem the day after upgrading my BB software to version 6.

Model:  Blackberry Bold 9700
PIN:  2170 1405
Phone Number: 1440 897 xxxx

SW Version: 6.0 Bundle 2342

Desktop SW: Version 6.0.2.44
Released: April 25, 2011 (Bundle 25)

My computer doesn't detect my device or tablet when I attempt Media Sync.  It worked fine prior to the recent software upgrade on the 9700.  I removed the Micro SD media chip from the 9700, placed it in the media converter and installed it on my laptop.  It is there, available, can be seen and accessed.  All my camera photos and music are gone - nothing the chip is blank.  NO Warning... Its all gone.  From the 9700: setup - storage - "A media card is not presently inserted in the device."

A viable solution would be greatly appreciated.

jw

New Contributor

I dropped my Bold 9700 on the sidewalk, & the next day I realized all media on my 2gb Micro SD card was gone, & I saw a message of 'fatal error,' which I've never seen before. My phone is fine, it can still connect with my desktop manager on my Mac, I still have all my contacts, I'm running OS6. It's just all my pics, music, & videos are 'gone.' I took out the battery, micro SD card, & put them back in quite a few times, still no media. I began to think which is actually damaged, the micro SD card or the card reader in the phone? Did a Google/YouTube search about this, & saw this is a problem for a lot people out there, & now I'm here. I was going to try & reformat the micro SD card, but back to the same problem, my phone won't recognize the card, & I didn't have a micro SD adapter to put into my Mac or printer. Also I couldn't find the option to repair media files in the media section. I thought I was screwed, until today. I was looking at my Bold 9700 frustrated about this, & I noticed on top left corner of the phone between the chrome part & the black section that surrounds the earphone jack that it seemed like it was 'opening up a little'(where the chrome meets the black section). I thought, that doesn't look right, & then with my hands 'I pushed it back together' so to speak. And what do you know, boom, the phone recognizes the micro SD card again! All my pics, music, and videos start uploading back to their libraries. So my guesstimate is this guys & gals, all these problems with the micro SD card is NOT the card itself, it's the card reader inside the phone that's giving us these problems. My suggestion, DO NOT drop your phone! I'm already worried because I'm sure I'll drop my phone again & will be back to this problem... oh well, that's technology for you.

New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion...  When i hold the micro SD card in, the BB 9700 recognized the micro SD card.  The problem must be in the latch mechanism.  Everything on the media card was lost and the BB wanted to reformat the micro SDcard.  For the moment it appears to be working.  I was able to teather to the PC & synchronize everything from the last backup prior to O/S 6 upgrade.  Regrettably, it lost the pictures of my mom before she died!  Fading memory will have to do...

Again, sincere Thanks for your suggestion.  jw

New Contributor

Your welcome. I'm glad that my experience was of some help to you. It's unfortunate that you still were not able to recover your photos, I know losing photos of important memories is a tough loss. I also need to be more pro-active with backing up my media to my Mac. We all do, so we don't find ourselves in these situations once again. Have a good day, and take care. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yet again a 'support' forum with no support from the owners of the forum...THIS IS AN OBVIOUS COMMON FAULT RIM sort this out!!!! I to have had this fault intermittently and mostly when I want to use features on the MicroSD ie some damned music to listen to. I started with BB with a 8310, great phone, 'updated' to the 9700 and have had nothing but trouble with this fatal error, I see BB is starting to loose customers to other smartphone manufacturers and if this sort of rubbish continues I will also be on the move. I will give this 1 more month before I change brand, this is just rediculous....hey RIM why don't you find a solution!