Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
sonicthehedgehogca
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Re: Media Card Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

By the way this 16gb patriot card is giving the same errors and I havent used it much. LOL

Warning since RIM supplies sandisk cards with phones that would be my choice.
So time for me to buy a new one because every power up I get the fatal error message.

Formatted it once but its toast! Patriot is cheaper but this is the second dud.  

Please use plain text.
neshii9
My Device: curve
My Carrier: neshi

i need help am having the same problem
rjohnson
Please use plain text.
anagilly
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

don't know if it will work for you, but I just pulled the card out, waited 30seconds and then re-inserted it.

hope it helps you! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Abby69
My Device: BOLD 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hello all, Few days back, I was listening some songs on my Bold 9780 and suddenly an error popped up saying media card cannot be accessed due to fatal error. I tried doing almost everything except for breaking my bb or the memory card. Then I though it might be a software problem so I updated my software frm OS6 bundle 906 to OS6 bundle 2467, but its still nt working. I tried battery pull, taking out n reinserting, repair or format buh it doesnt allow me to, connect it to my laptop buh it doesnt show thr too, and what not. Plz tell me wht should I do with it. I have data in my card which I dont want to lose buh if formatting is neccessary thn have no other option. Please hit back with a working solution :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonicthehedgehogca

I had that problem as well. Cheap patriot memory card died. So I spent the extra now on a sandisk that came with this phone and works great. Spend the extra and get a good quality one.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonicthehedgehogca

I find if I transfer without the desktop software and let the phone pick it up works fine.
I had that problem with the cheapy cards but never my sandisk memory card.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonicthehedgehogca

Try reseating the card. If not pull the battery reseat both mem card and sim card then insert battery.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonicthehedgehogca

I agree but if that doesnt work pull the battery then remove both sim card and mem card.

Then reinsert the sim and mem card then the battery.

Only had that problem with my cheapy cards. The sandisk arent troublesome

for me. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shorty1010
My Device: curve
My Carrier: carlie

I found that my media card wasn't working after a while and show the fatal error message.... I found that if you take the card out and push the back of the fone where the memory card slot is and also the front side of the fone where the memory card is at the back of it.... I put my memory back in took out the battery and restarted my fone.. And it worked :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
ashwini88
My Carrier: Rogers

Problem + Solution!!

I had my Torch 9800 connected to my computer to upload some music to my microSD card (Lexar, 16 gb).  I also let my phone charge for a bit (the battery was almost dead).  I disconnected it properly, but when I went to use my phone, I got the message: "Media Card Cannot be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors."  

Google to the rescue!!  I tried turning it off and on, removing and reinserting the card, and I also took out the battery to reboot the phone that way.  Whenever I connected my phone to my computer, I was able to access the files on the card through the computer, but they didn't show up on the phone (i.e. it said I had 0 albums, etc.).  The I tried something from this site: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/242687-not-recognizing-my-sd-ca...

I went to "My Computer", right-clicked on the drive that corresponded to my card, clicked on "Properties", and then "Tools".  Under "Error-checking", I clicked "check now", and also checked "Automatically fix file system errors."  And when I disconnected my phone from the computer, all the files re-appeared.  I had over 600 songs, so I don't know for sure if all of them are still on there, but I'm happy :smileyhappy:.

I hope this is of help to some of you.

Please use plain text.