Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Whylus
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Mtc

Re: Media Card Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

Hi John

Here is a solution that I can give to you it has helped me quite alot with the same problem that I had with my Blackberry Curve 8520.

Note: Make sure that your media card is inside of your blackberry before you can follow step 3 - 7 and always make sure to turn off your blackberry and to take out your media card when you are following step 1 and 2.

1. Make everything a backup from your OLD CELPHONE for ex. videos, music, funny ringtones, pictures etc.

2. put all the backup in a folder and then after you have done that put it the folder on your external hardrive or desktop.

3. Install the Blackberry desktop manager that have came with your blackberry.

4. After you have install the Blackberry Desktop Manager, then you install the Blackberry PC USB Cable that has came with you blackberry celphone after you've done that a automatic display will show then you just close it.

5. Then you go to the drive where your blackberry is located in Computer or My Computer then you right click on that drive of your blackberry then go under where it says FORMAT then you click once. after done that then click format if it says there quick format then a pop up question will ask are you sure you want to format this drive then click yes. 

6. After formatting the drive shut down the blackberry for 10 or 5 minutes, after 5 or 10 minutes are finished just power the blackberry back on. then you will see that this problem of yours is gone.

7. Then you can plug the cable back in and you can copy and paste all those backup into your blackberry.

I Hope that will help you out John.

Enjoy your Day.

:smileyvery-happy:

From

Willie Horn

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paro_inc
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: digicel

I'm having the same error for real I think blackberry by now should have came to there customers assistance cause it's a common problem with the 9780 or just the os 6 I have reinstalled os 6. Now goanna but me a new housing just to make sure it's not hardware issue it's really annoying 

Please use plain text.
ds24ny
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Good afternoon Ladies and Gent.

I had this error occur this very morning, so I called Verizon and the lady told me I should:

1. Power off my BB and then remove the battery for 10 seconds.

2. Put the battery back in and power it up.

3. Once it has completely powered on to dial *228 and select option 2

4. She said to configure the media card which she meant format but this step wasn't necessary, after the 3rd step was complete the error was gone and I had access to my media card and its contents. 

What this does is updates your roaming options(for Verizon) if you have another carrier I would call ask question.

This did work for me, and hopefully if will fix your issues.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonicthehedgehogca
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Ensure you don't have a cheaper card. I had this problem with a patriot and is gone. I prefer sandisk or kingston even lexar is quality. When this problem occurs backup and get a new card. When I reformatted had the same problem come back a month later
Please use plain text.
Visitor
lzrdkng
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telcel

Hi guys i've been having this issue for about a week now, I have a kingston 1gb card, the pc and other phones read it just not my curve 8520, have formatted the card, tried everything even put the phone back to factory settings still nothing..

any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shorty1010
My Device: curve
My Carrier: carlie

It has nothing to do with the media card its the memory card slot!! I had same problem. You have to push and bend the phone on the side where the media card is then re-insert the media card. This should work! Even after you have formatted it whilst the phone has this problem it will not delete your files on the media card! Best thing to do is get a new phone as in the long run you have to keep pushing and bending the phone after a while. It is not the media card though but the phoone its self..
Please use plain text.
ahmedititit
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: mobinile

same thing here even tried to change the media card to another same message 9700 ,8530,8520 same thing
Please use plain text.
Patrick98
My Device: blackberry cure 8520
My Carrier: o2

hi, i have had the same message, so i got a new media card and it still says that message. Someone help!? i really dont know what to do.

thanks, Patrick

Please use plain text.
Patrick98

ive had that same problem and i dont get what you wrote?
Please use plain text.
Patrick98

doing it now wish me luck...
Please use plain text.