Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
satguywr
My Device: 9700

Media Card Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

Hello All,

I have had this problem for a few days.  I have tried everything on the blackberry like remove, reinsert, battery pull, options--->memory--->format and repair to no avail.  I plug the card into the reader and get nothing on both mac and windows.  any help?  I need the files on that card!

john

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kratrz
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Media Card Cannot Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

To me it seems like a bad media card.

You said you've formatted and repair to no avail, but you need the files on the card, and sorry to say, after formatting, all files have been erased.

If plugging it into computer does nothing, then well, screwed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
satguywr
My Device: 9700

If I can find a way to format the card, I should be able to recover the files using commercial software, that part should be easy.  The hard part is figuring out whats wrong with the card.  I never take it out of my phone, so the only thing I can think of is that it became corrupt during a battery pull or reset, so I should be able to restore the partition map and then the files.

john

Please use plain text.
lattom

I have had the same problem for over a month now. However, for me the problem is not with the card itself, but with the media card slot. When I take the card out of the phone, it works fine in my laptop and all the data on the card is fine. I even tried new cards and I get the error every time. I sent it in for repairs twice, and came back not repaired both times. Very, very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
lisandroflo
My Device: 8330

same thing is happening to my 8330. i have try new sd card, and still said the same ¨media card can not be accesed due to fatal errors¨ . i have try everything,, if you fix it please let me know

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gerri_fabiand
My Device: 8310

Yes,i had this problem too on my gemini 8520..
The card work perfectly on my pearl and my girl's phone and my laptop.. But on my gemini i get the "memory card cannot used due to fatal error".. Why?
I upgrade my os into 5.0.0.822 and i still get the same problem.. I insert another card and it's still same :smileysad:
Can you help me?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arvindjoshi
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I have the same problem !! What do we do? Does RIM not have a reputation to protect? How can so many people from across the globe have same problem?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peedoff88

[ Edited ]

I have this problem too! It's been a slow decline (sometimes spazzing out and disconnecting until it's restarted, not loading photos on the memory card, ect.), but now my BB won't recognize the media card at all! At first I thought it was just a problem caused by disconnecting it incorrectly from my computer, or a problem with the card.

One card reader and a new micro SD later, and I'm still up **bleep** creek. I've recently lost my ipod, so was really hoping to use my BB as a substitute, but no. Apparently actually doing what it is meant to do is just too much of a stretch for it.

Real encouraging that this thread has been left completely unsolved :\

What the hell do we do?! D:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arvindjoshi
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Hey Guys and gals, who have this problem sticking on to the BB phone. I got it solved. But dont know how. I just connected the BB to the BB software on my laptop and it kep on doing something inside, and lo and behold, it no more creates this problem. Why dont you try this ? Best of Luck !!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peedoff88

Wow. Thanks a bundle. That was totally helpful. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.