Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
laurasav
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Media Card Repair

Hi :smileyhappy:

I have a BlackBerry Torch 9800 which I got at Christmas and it came with a 4GB Micro SD Memory Card. I had approximately 40 videos and 800 pictures, as well as 300 songs stored on this media card. One day, my phone froze and it then brought up a message saying "A media card that has been inserted contains errors. Would you like to repair the media card now?" so I thought it was simply corrupt and that it was going to fix it, never did it say that my files would be deleted. After this, all of my files disappeared without me wanting them to and I now have no files on my phone whatsoever.

Also, everytime I connect my phone via USB to my computer or charge my phone with the provided charger, this message appears again, even though there are no files stored on the memory card.

I have tried removing the memory card yet it still brings the message up.

I am upset that all of my files have been lose, does anyone know any way of retrieving them as they were deleted through no fault of my own :smileysad:

Thanks so much if anyone can help!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Media Card Repair

REMOVE the media card from the device immediately.

Get an PC > USB adaptor to read the card and use the software Zero Assumption Recovery on the card to extract and copy the deleted files. The more you use this card and/or keep it in the BlackBerry, the less likely you'll get any files extracted.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
superstarzchef
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Hi. I have had the same exact issue. It askes me to format the sD card everytime it is connected USB>computer. I usually just click thru, and haven't lost any pics yet. Tho I have formatted the sD on the computer before using it. The poster is probably correct in that it is entirely possible to recover "deleted" info if you have the correct program.

Please use plain text.
rox4n
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi :smileyhappy:

I have a BlackBerry Torch 9800 with an 8GB Micro SD Memory Card. I had approximately 15 videos 400 pictures, as well as 300 songs stored on this media card. on friday i was at my friends wedding i used my phone all day to take photos on the night time my battery ran out so i swapped my battery with my friend who has the exact same ohone in black after i gave her her battery back and inserted and charged mine a message displayed sayin  "A media card that has been inserted contains errors. Would you like to repair the media card now?" so I thought it was simply corrupt and that it was going to fix it, never did it say that my files would be deleted. After this, all of my files disappeared without me wanting them to and I now have no files on my phone whatsoever.

Also, everytime I connect my phone via USB to my computer or charge my phone with the provided charger, this message appears again, even though there are no files stored on the memory card.

I have tried removing the memory card yet it still brings the message up.

i have also tried insering the memory card in my laptop with sd card and its saying windows could not complete the format...

please can anyone help?????????????????????

Please use plain text.
dvaladares
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

This post saved ALL my photos from my MicroSD card. I wish Zero Assumption Recovery had a Facebook or Twitter page so I could give them some props!

Thanks for the tip!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're welcome, good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ollykay
My Device: Blackberry Touch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I HONESTLY HAVE NO CLUE AS TO DOING THIS. CAN YOU TALK ME THROUGH PLEASE
Please use plain text.
JSanders

ollykay wrote:
I HONESTLY HAVE NO CLUE AS TO DOING THIS. CAN YOU TALK ME THROUGH PLEASE

Specifically -- what is your issue, or what do you need to do?

I'd be glad to help.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jess92
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the bold9780 and everytime i insert the sD card i recieve a message saying "media card storage can not be accessed due to fatal errors" PLEASE HELP! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ollykay
My Device: Blackberry Touch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I switched on my phone and got a message saying "A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you ish to repair the Media card now?" I clicked on YES and it asked again "If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I click on Yes but get a response saying repair failed. Plus all d saved pictues and music or voice media on my media card all wiped away. I was not asked if i wanted all of those deleted and i'm so upset. I have removed the card severally but it keeps giving me ame message. How can i get my files back and repair my media card pls? 

Please use plain text.