Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rustyb22
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Media Card Storage Can Not Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

Hi guys!

Ive recently bought a SanDisk 32gb MicroSDHC card class 4. When I inserted the card into my phone I get the above message? I've tried to format the card and get the following message 'media card format failed'. I've tried rebooting phone etc with no results is it worth exchanging the card or shall I just throw the phone in the bin and buy an IPhone?

Russ

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Media Card Storage Can Not Be Accessed Due To Fatal Errors

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sheesh...another iPhone defection threat. I realize you are frustrated, but if I only had a nickel for each time...

To truly test, you need to do the following:

1) Find another known-good, already formatted for BB, fully functioning in another BB, media card...try it in yours and see what happens.

2) Find another identical-to-yours BB that is known to work perfectly with media cards...try your card in that and see what happens.

The results will guide you to if it is your BB or the card that is the problem.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
rustyb22

Hey thanks for the quick reply! I have a 2gb card already that has served me fine for the past year but its just too **bleep** small to hold all my music for the car. It's very frustrating to be honest as I've never experienced this problem with media cards before....

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Everything designed and built by humans is subject to the potential for defect. It is completely possible that this new media card you bought is simply NFG (that means "Not FUNCTIONING good"!).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
rustyb22

Yes I agree my bro has a BB I will test the card on his phone and see how I get on!
Contributor
Uzumaki
My Device: torch 2

had same issue last 3 weeks on my phone, try formating the media card on another phone preferable a non blackberry phone and see if it helps.