Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Deblyn
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Media Card

When I open my camera on the 9900, I get the message "neither device or media card storage is accessible" and then it closes the camera.  This just started happening about 1 week ago.  I have lost all pics and am not able to save any new ones.  I did turn off the phone, take the SIm card out and then power on.  I did get a "try and fix" message and when I accepted this I then lost my pic on my wallpaper. Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Media Card

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like your memory access is going bad...very bad. Hopefully you already have a good backup of your device...if you need it, there's a link in my auto-sig on this post to a process...given your situation, it may or may not be too late for that though.

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deblyn

Where doI find the link in your auto-sig on this post to the process? I did take the battery out and then re power but nothing happened.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Deblyn wrote:

Where doI find the link in your auto-sig on this post to the process?

Ummm...in the post? I'm not sure what you are seeing, maybe you are looking at this on a mobile platform. Here's the link in any event:

Deblyn wrote:

I did take the battery out and then re power but nothing happened.

Thanks,

Nothing happened? It didn't even boot back up?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deblyn

Thanks, I will try this out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deblyn

I connected my Blackberry to my computer and did an update.  This solved my problem.  I have all my pictures back and am no longer receiving an error message.  I have also saved all my bb info to my computer.  Thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it! 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent...you are most welcome!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.