If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Bold_Sue
My Device: Bold 9000 with Rogers

Media Manager for Blackberry is buggy

I am being nice when I say that MM is buggy!

I am using Desktop Manager v4.7 and I installed Media Manager by getting the latest copy from the Web site (BlackBerryMediaSync.exe). It has no version number that I can see and just a build number.

It took a long time to load my media which it summarized as 10GB.

I have used a digital camera since 2001 for pictures and video clips and converted all my CDs, cassettes to digital, so my collection is big.

MM for BB is incredibly slow. For example, when I open Music/by Artist, it shows me the first set that it can display inside the window, then when I click to scoll down, I can count to 50 and sometimes more before it refreshes the screen. If I click again because the temptation to keep clicking is high when you're twiddling your thumbs doing nothing, then I overshoot the area that I want to see because the many clicks are executed all at once zooming you forward in the listing. When I finally choose something to display in the right-hand pane it is just as slow to scroll there too.

Samples of bugs as there are too many to list:

- When inside a playlist, the scroll keeps moving by itself with a mind of its own until the list settles at the bottom of the list.

- When I remove a song inside a playlist, it tells me that it is removing it from my "Library" when it should say that it is removing it from my "Playlist". This freaked me out so I ran a test removal first.

- the conversion did not pick up all of my music. There is a whole set of albums under "Various Artists" that did not get converted, yet some that were converted.

- the "move down/Copy/Drag" of a Playlist to my BB does not always work. I think it is because of missing links (not all music got converted). The missing links cause the function to fail. On failure, I got different results:

1) nothing happens

2) software give fatal error and closes

3) function completes and gives me a small list of which songs did not get transferred to the BB

It took me an entire day of putzing with MM to get two playlists to my BB so that I could use the media player on the Bold.

I use a Win/XP system. I don't want to continue using the Media Manager that came with the Bold.

Is there anybody out there with a huge library and what are you successfully?

(Note: My huge library also corrupted my MS MediaPlay, so I can't use it any more. I am temporarily using Media Monkey but I am completely happy with this software either)

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Media Manager for Blackberry is buggy

I quit using Media Manager because of its bugs and poor performance.

I use my blackberry with sd-card inside as a usb device. That is much more convenient.

Check the link follow:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

there is instruction how to use your blackberry as usb drive.

Please use plain text.