Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media Manager will not detect 16GB Media Card

I just bought 16GB microSD card for my Blackberry Bold and as far as the phone itself is concerned, it is working fine. I am able to browse the card using my phone and it says a media card is present.

The problem I am having is with the Desktop Manager's "Media Manager". I want to be able to transfer/encode music and videos to my new media card but it does not show up in the list. I have tried upgrading to the newest version (4.7) and still nothing. The only thing that shows up in the "My Devices" list is the built-in 1GB Device Memory.

I called Rogers for technical support but they do not support the Media Manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brendan

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Media Manager will not detect 16GB Media Card

You can add the files to the memory card through windows explorer, like a hard disk.

Which software version you have installed on the device?

Check this in options, about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am using version 4.7, the latest version.

I do not have an icon in "My Computer" for my media card. I have the Blackberry device memory but that is all that appears. Even then, I want to be able to use the Media Manager to encode my music/video as well before it gets put on to the device. I tried checking the "use as hard drive" and without checking it, both have the same result: I am only able to access the media card from my phone directly. :smileysad:

Message Edited by bbronzan on 01-13-2009 03:20 PM
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

[ Edited ]

Please read the link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11883&sliceId=1&docTy...

Message Edited by urumilton on 01-13-2009 03:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply. I went through the list of 4 items and realized that I had not tried that last one. :smileyhappy: Turns out, that's what the problem was and it's fixed now.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me out with this!

Contributor

Fantastic - thanks - I was having the same problem and option 4 also solved mine!