Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
wrekin
My Device: Not Specified

Memory Loss

My Blackberry 9000 (OS 5.0.0.681) has worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now, though I only have 14 downloaded applications, I keep getting a message telling me I should delete some as my memory is low. I have reluctantly done so, but the problem recurs.

If I remove and replace the battery, App World will tell me that I have around 22 MB free of my 128 MB storage space. But over a period of days - even if I diligently close all apps on exiting - it will diminish to zero.

Though I have a lot of unused memory on both the device and memory card, the other perhaps related problem is that no matter how many times I restore my past appointments to my Calendar, within a few days they will have disappeared, leaving just a handful from the recent past and those scheduled for the future.

I recently had the software replaced but it didn't make a difference. Can anyone explain why this is happening - and better still how to overcome the problem.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jordanklassen
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Memory Loss

That happens to a lot of people, I think. Pulling your battery regularly will help with the problem, and there are even apps that will do it for you if you forget.
Please use plain text.