Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
simsan
My Device: Not Specified

Message Folder on main page --problems

Hi Tanzim and other knowledgeable folks for BB BOLD 9000,

The home page shows Message folder - that has all my mails from Yahoo and Gmail to, as well as my phone Logs and messages.

My question is  - How do I just have phone logs in this Message Folder, since I have separate email folders already for yahoo and gmail?

How do I limit the emails to stay for 2-3 days instead of 15 days as per Bold's policy?

Also, How  do I bring the voice recorder folder ( media)  as one of the six icons on my home page  - for faster access?

Much Thanks for all your help and advices.

Best

simsan

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Message Folder on main page --problems

Simsan....

simsan wrote:

The home page shows Message folder - that has all my mails from Yahoo and Gmail to, as well as my phone Logs and messages.

My question is  - How do I just have phone logs in this Message Folder, since I have separate email folders already for yahoo and gmail?

Your main Messages folder will collect ALL mail and messages. 

You can separate out your SMS at Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes = Separate.

Your Call Log is accessed by pressing the GREEN dial key.

You cannot remove the gmail and yahoo mail from the main messages folder. I would recommend hiding the two email specific folders, since you don't need them.

How do I limit the emails to stay for 2-3 days instead of 15 days as per Bold's policy?

Fifteen days is the shortest interval for that

Also, How  do I bring the voice recorder folder ( media)  as one of the six icons on my home page  - for faster access?

Find your voice recorder Icon in the Applications folder (or wherever it is located) and move it to the top line or second line of your main icons screen. The voice recorder icon from the Media icon is not movable, but it is located elsewhere that you can move... highlight it > Menu > Move.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.