Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Message alerts while listening to music

I used to have a Bold 9700. When I listened to music with headphones, incoming message alerts would sound over the music through the headphones. With the 9650, the song pauses, and then the message alert sound comes out of the speaker instead of the headphones, then the music resumes. Is there a setting I am missing here?
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Message alerts while listening to music

Different devices can respond differently depending on the specific OS version.  As far as I'm aware, there is no setting to change this. 

Sorry there isn't more info to provide.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Sprint

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you trying to stop these random alerts all together or are you just wondering how to get them to come through the headset?

New Contributor

I'm trying to get them to sound through the headset, like it did on my 9700.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

As I stated, there is no way to do this short of using a different OS on the device.  If you're with Verizon, note that they just released a new OS version.  I'm not sure if this will change the notification method, but it may.  You can try updating the OS to see how it works out for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Oh well. I updated the OS last night over the air and have the same behavior. I wish each OS version had a changelog available.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9650

This is an annoying issue. I had a Bold 9000 and never had this problem. I have the latest OS from verizon for the Bold 9650..and audio alerts from different apps continue to hang/pause music streams regardless of where the music comes from (Pandora or the muisc player that comes with the phone). I can't believe this wouldn't categorized as a bug of some sort. Is there an update with this.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9650

I did find in the crackberry forum that  CDMA devices don't have the capablity to stream simultaneous audio feeds like non-CDMA devices..

Oh well..still seems like a silly shortcoming.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=447824

My Device: Not Specified

Hi!

You can only change the SMS alerts on an JB iPhone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

corporate logo design
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mak19 wrote:

Hi!

You can only change the SMS alerts on an JB iPhone.

And that fails on CDMA

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V