Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Message indicatior on main screen

When I first got the Blackberry Bold, the message indicator was working for each email account (home or work).  It would show which folder the email was received in.  Last night I uploaded my contacts via the new Blackberry software and now the indicator only shows for the "message" folder, not which email received in.  Any idea how to fix this?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Message indicatior on main screen

Do you have seperate email iconss as well as the Messages icon on the home screen?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Yes I have 3 icons.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

First thing I'd recommend is to try to reset the device. So can you remove the battery for 1 minute and then replace it? The device will reboot in 1-3 mins. Try and send a test email to yourself and see if it's working.

Also if you change to a different theme (Options | Theme) see if it works

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

You're so smart!  Just taking the battery out worked. Thanks